In Bhutan, the tourist tariff is set by the Royal Government in an all-inclusive package structure.
(NOT APPLICABLE for nationalities of India, Bangladesh and Maldives).
*The Government fixed minimum package tariff for tourists visiting in a group of three persons or more are as follows:
- For March, April, May, September, October & November = US $ 250/ per person per night, inclusive of sustainable development fee of USD $ 65/ per person per night.
- For January, February, June, July, August & December = US $ 200/ per person per night, inclusive of sustainable development fee of USD $ 65/ per person per night.
*this tariff is the same for cultural tours, treks or any other special interest tours.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons are subject to the following surcharges, over and above the minimum daily package tariff:
- FIT surcharge for 01 pax = US $ 40/ per night
- FIT surcharge for 02 pax = US $ 30/ per person per night
- *There is no surcharge for three pax and above.
- Additional surcharge of USD 40/ per person per night will be applicable for trek nights only for a group comprising of less than 3 people.
- Single supplement of USD 40/ per person per night.
- Visa Fee of US $ 40/ per person for single entry will be applicable.
All rates and conditions applied above are subject to change depending upon the policies of the Royal Government of Bhutan.
Please read the below terms and conditions before confirming reservation.
MINIMUM DAILY RATES INCLUSION
The minimum daily rates are inclusive of the following services :
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis (in standard hotels).
- All transfers and sightseeing within Bhutan.
- English speaking guides.
- All meals (in buffet).
- Entrance fees to museums and monument.
- Bhutan VISA processing fee.
MINIMUM DAILY RATES EXCLUDES
The minimum daily rates are exclusive of the following services :
- Airfares & taxes.
- Travel & medical insurance coverage and medical treatment.
- Communication charges, laundry, tips, porters at hotels.
- Other expenses of personal nature.
- All reservations has to be sent in written, fax or email. Bookings will be received for all dates irrespective of high season or low season at any time of the year.
- For all Festival Dates, the bookings has to be sent or confirmed on or before 100 days prior to the date of arrival in Bhutan.
Non confirmation of the bookings without any notice after 100 days will be treated as cancelled and the reservations will be released to avoid cancellation charges from the hotels.
Any bookings received / reinstated after 100 days period will be accepted depending upon the availability of air-tickets and hotels.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- For cancellations received on or before 45 days prior to date of arrival – full refund.
- For cancellation received between 30 to 45 days from the date of arrival – 50% refund.
- For cancellation received less than 30 days/no shows/early departures after arrival in Bhutan – 100% non-refundable.
Note : All cancellations has to be sent in written (fax / email) before the stipulated time.
Every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary. However, due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather and road conditions, changes in flight schedules, national holidays and reasons beyond the control of BTCL, the staff and the management of BTCL will not be responsible for any changes in the daily programme / itinerary / missed sightseeing.
The management of BTCL will not be held responsible for any changes/ rearranging the tour itinerary without prior notice. There shall not be any reimbursement for such unforeseen circumstances.
There is no personal insurance of any kind included in the tour price. Travel insurance should be obtained from your place of residence, before commencement of trip. BTCL will not be held liable for any illness, injury or death sustained during a tour/ trek.
All tour payments must be made in advance (at least 45 days prior to arrival date in Bhutan). Tour payment should be remitted through the Bhutan National Bank (BNB) accounts abroad payable in favor of Bhutan Tourism Corporation Ltd. (BTCL). The Banks and account numbers will be advised once the tour bookings are confirmed. VISA is approved by the Government upon confirmation of the tour payment only.
All rates and conditions applied above are subject to change depending upon the policies of the Royal Government of Bhutan, which shall be informed to you as soon as our office is notified about it.