Travel Advisory pertaining to novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak
The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) would like to inform all our tourism partners on the following:
- Inform TCB if the incoming tourists are traveling from Hubei Province and those who have any travel history to Hubei Province before coming to Bhutan.
- Concerned tour guides to inform TCB in case any tourists have symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath, to immediately report to the nearest health center or call 112, Health Help Center to seek advice.
- Tour guides to keep track of the movement of tourists at all times and practice precautionary measures such as:
- Basic hand hygiene: washing hand with soap and water
- Respiratory hygiene: cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or into your elbow
- Avoid unnecessary unprotected contact with live animal
- Wash hands thoroughly after contact with an animal
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs before consuming
- Travel operators to exercise extreme caution with their outbound pilgrimage tours. In fact, we would strongly discourage outbound travel to affected countries until further notice.
- Please be informed that everyone entering Bhutan will be mandatorily required to fill Health Declaration Forms and screened for signs and symptoms of coronavirus (2019-nCoV) at the point of entry. Those with sign and symptoms with travel history to affected countries may be subjected to 2019-nCoV test and isolated until proven negative.
So we request our tourism partners to cooperate and inform the incoming tourists accordingly in advance to avoid unnecessary inconveniences. We regret for any inconvenience caused.
Content Courtesy : TCB